9.15.2007

Long overdue

I crave a few moments of quiet, just to myself. And then when I get them I don't know what I should do. Tackle the mountain of laundry? Get in a few chapters of reading? Take a nap? Update the blog and website? Hit the paperwork that still needs to be done before we leave? Write the Thank You's and How Are You's that are waiting. It's like living in Vegas. Gambling my time.

A few weeks ago I read a devotional for moms that reminded me that soon enough the girls will be pretty self-sufficient, and I'll be longing for the days when "Mommy" was interrupting my quiet moments. I wish I handled life with more grace and genteel-ness (is that a word? if not, then I'm inventing it) than I do. I feel like such a klutz as I stumble and grumble through situations and daily grind. I am forever fighting against my grumpy attitude. Sometimes I don't even want to be around myself. Where did my cheerful disposition go? Where is the quick wit and silliness that (I think) I used to have?

Enough of that moaning.

We're leaving for Tabasco in two weeks. I'm ready. There's still so much to do, and Abner has had a stomach bug for much of this week. So it's going to be a race to the finish to get everything done before Sept. 30. I have a feeling it would have been like that anyway, though. When do we ever have everything done right before a deadline? By His grace we'll have the important stuff done. Check out the Mac page if you haven't already. I put up the July Mexico trip pictures, and started a ministry blog. Here's a few for you to enjoy here.



4 comments:

Dawn said...

For the record, you are a master of quick wit and silliness, past and present. Like my own normally cheerful dispostion, it can just get dormant for awhile. I'd bet that Tabasco will shake you up again. Get you laughing.

I'm kinda in the same place. I realized that I don't laugh out loud that much anymore. What the heck!!

Abu Daoud said...

Before you leave for México I would love to chat, give me a call some time you would:
720-271
53 six six

Kelly said...

Thank you, Dawn. Sometimes I feel I'm an ogre, while all my stay-at-home-mommy friends are whistling and skipping through their days with nary a raised voice moment. I am certainly a dormant girl. Looking forward to witty and cheerful days again! :) Love ya!

Dawn said...

hey babe, i'm soooooooooo guilty of comparing myself to other moms. (why is that so easy to do?) and yes, i imagine all of them are perfectly happy mommies 24/7.

when you move to your new community and find your lonely times, let me know. i've recently been transplanted and have two babies and the staying at home part can be a little lonely sometimes.