5.10.2007

Check it out...

For those of you who, like me, are accutely aware of the increasing presence of Islam in our country and the world, I suggest you check out the blog "Islam and Christianity" I have listed under Favorites. The blogger is a friend of mine from college who has a missionary's heart, is well-versed in Christian apologetics, and who lives in the Middle East. I respect him immensely, and I am certainly the better for having read the provoking thoughts and questions that arise.

If you find, as I have, that you are to some degree or other ignorant about Islamic belief systems and traditions, you may discover that his site is a great starting point for further discovery. He has many links to interesting articles and websites, while discussing important folks involved in the world's dialogue on Islam.

Needless to say, I highly recommend this blog to all of you. We need to be informed in order to have any ability to participate in the discussion with or about the Muslim world. And how can effective evangelism happen unless we know what we're dealing with?

2 comments:

Abu Daoud said...

Que Dios la bendiga!

Thanks for the ref to my blog.

I can totally sympathize with gettting rid of stuff and how frustratinh it is. It starts to make sense why all those nuns and monks made vows of poverty all those hundreds of years, huh?

A simple life with few possessions is a fragrant offering to the Lord.

Kelly said...

Igualmente, mi amigo!

Yes, simple life, here I come ... I'm about to become VERY fragrant - LOL

Any other favorite recipes (like one or two) you guys use over there? If so, email me at quillininkster@gmail.com

So, how do YOU smell? *chuckle*