5.22.2007

Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere...


Ok. So does anyone else out there in cyberland care to take more of our stuff off our hands? Just when I think I'm making great progress in clearing out the house, I find there is infinitely more beneath. Now we're getting down to the small knick-knacky stuff that is tedious to deal with. I'm about to throw it all in a box and drop it at the Salvation Army's front door. Actually, we've already taken a giant load to our local S.A. store. -sigh- At least I'm not having to PACK it all just to UNPACK it later. Thank the Lord for small blessings.

In family news - we're heading up to Pleasanton this weekend for my youngest sister's (Kathleen) high school graduation. Melodee is pumped about seeing Gramma and Grampa...not to mention her aunts (and Uncle Taylor) who spoil her rotten. Now we have Kaitlyn to spoil too! It will be great fun. I should have some nice photos to post next week.

The school year is almost over (do I hear a colletive Hallelujah echoing out there?)! I am strangely calm and serene about the usually stressful end of year procedures coming up. Maybe not so strange since it's my last year to deal with them. I will certainly miss my close friends and coworkers, but I know it's time for me to leave. Teaching ESL in Mexico is getting more and more exciting, and I find myself inspired again! It shouldn't take long for me to get some sort of program started in the church. My hope is that it will quickly turn into a free or minimal-cost program for the community, also providing a platform for relational evangelism.

"Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received, and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work."
- Mother Teresa
Amen.

Be blessed, ya'll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new layout. I'm excited about this weekend. It should be lots of fun. Love you,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

I love reading all about your life, makes me happy to know that you are doing well... to think, it's been 6 years since I've met you... crazy stuff... but great all the time, it's always been a blessing!!