6.17.2008

Growing


Melodee teaching Kaitlyn to "do hair"


Here´s Miss Kaitlyn Rose on a very hot day in her "hottie" outfit
(actually just a handkerchief tied around her)


I wish I felt eloquent. As a stay-at-home mom in Mexico, I feel that I´m losing my ability to write and even SPEAK well. A couple of days ago I was hurrying Melodee out of the car and said, "Come on, hurry up, get OFF the car!" Oh, dear. This does not bode well for an English major. I need to get into some serious literature to bone-up on the "big words" that are seeping slowly from my memory. sigh. Well, at least THAT sounded the teensiest bit eloquent. Ha!

We are all well down here in the land of Coca Cola, coconuts, and cocoa trees. I swear it is down-right scary how Coca Cola can be found in the remotest of villages here in Mexico. I heard recently that Mexico is the #3 consumer of Coke products in the world, but is about to take over first place. Can you believe it? I swear, there´s probably Coke and Sprite in the jungleist jungles of Africa, but the people don´t have water. How much ya wanna bet? Along this stream of thought, we just discovered Dr. Pepper in one of the grocery stores here in town!! I immediately thought of you, Jenny. We of course bought a six-pack and TRIED to ration them, but it was very hard. They only stock about 15 at a time, so we don´t go overboard. It´s nice to have a taste that is so ´homey´considering Dr. Pepper is generally not to be had in this country. I also found Campbell´s Chunky New England Calm Chowder!! Can you believe it?? And at the same time that we discovered Dr. Peppers. It must have been a day when God said, "I´m gonna spoil Abner and Kelly." It was VERY much appreciated.

In other news, we will be heading up to Brownsville on July 1st and spending July 3rd through 11th with my family in Pleasanton. Then back to the Valley till we return to Tabasco at the end of the month. Pray for a safe flight for us, and that the girls handle the trip well. We´ll fly from Villahermosa to Monterrey, then take a bus from there to Matamoros. About a six to eight hour trip, flight and bus combined. Much better than the exhausting 21 or so hour road trip that we´ve done several times. We can´t wait to see our families! And it will be so nice to walk barefooted again; to feel grass between my toes; to not feel the impulse to check the walls, floors, and beds for spiders, ants, scorpions, etc; to eat all the yummy food I´ve been craving for some time. By the way, speaking of cravings, we are expecting our third child in October! Suprise! I thought I should let you all know since some of you will be seeing me next month, and I will look pregnant. Ha! Everything is going very well with the pregnancy, Thank God, and we´re looking at a mid-October delivery. The doctor said we should be able to tell the sex at our visit at the end of this month. Fingers crossed for a boy, but we´re good with another little princess, too. And with that, I´ll close. Kaitlyn is getting crankier by the minute and my concentration is waning. God bless!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, kaitlyn is sooo beautiful. I can already tell she is going to be a knock out. I miss you lots. Give the girls a hug and kiss for me. MUah!

Kristen

Dawn said...

Congratulations on your big news! That's awesome about the soup & Dr. Peppers!

Oh, and rock on with the baby on the way! Ha ha! :)

I guess you could stock up on DP while in Texas and take some back w/ you.

I remember having a conniption when we found Reese's p.b. cups in a metro station snack shop (a totally random one we never went to before) when we lived in Hungary. We bought them all. There was no telling if and when we'd see them again.

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh I'm so happy for you! Are you soooo excited!!

It is so good to hear things are going well with y'all.
How fun that you found D.P. Yum! Yay! It would be so good to see you when y'all are in town!

Erica Rodriguez Maier said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN PREGNANT THIS LONG AND DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME!!!! OH MY GOD!!!

Woman, you are insane! (But, of course, in a good way) :-) Ha!

Well, congratulations!! And WOW! I am so thrilled for you! How are you feeling???

I love the pics of the girls, by the way. I can't believe how big Kaitlyn is...

Kelly said...

I´m sorry, Erica. We didn´t tell anyone but our families just because we were still adjusting to the news ourselves and because we had dr.´s appts, etc. and with things feeling so different down here (medically speaking anyway), we just wanted to "feel" our way through this for a while. It´s been really great, though. The Dr. I´m seeing is familiar with my "special" uterine condition, so I feel a lot better knowing that HE knows what to expect when the baby arrives. I am approaching the 4 and 1/2 month mark, and this kiddo is moving a lot! I´ve been really suprised at how soon I´ve felt the movements. He (or she) is living in the other room of my uterus (Mel and Kait were on my left side), and seems to be riding higher. So maybe that has something to do with my feeling the movements, etc earlier than with the girls.

Jenny, yes we are excited! :) At first I was a little freaked out, but I felt the same way with each of the girls, too. I think this will be our last ankle-biter, though. I emailed Erica a saying they have down here, "we will be closing the factory and opening an amusement park!" Ha! Three c-sections is it for me. And Abner and I feel that Baby #3 will round out our family nicely. So, I´m enjoying this pregnancy in a different way from the others, and will try to savor the moments, even though there´s a 14 month old and (almost) 4 year old demanding my attention. :) This baby is going to be such a blessing to us, and to the world.